Department of Computer Science
The Department of Computer Science Ambassadors are a group of distinguished undergraduate Computer Science students that participate in Computer Science recruiting and outreach events such as Meet Your Major Fair, career fairs, mini hackathons, prospective student visits, local school visits, and more! At these events, CS Ambassadors speak about their experience in Computer Science and share their enthusiasm for the discipline. The Department of Computer Science is looking for enthusiastic students to serve as department Ambassadors.
The duties of an ambassador vary depending on the event, however at most events ambassadors are expected to speak openly about their student experience in the Computer Science department and at the UA. Student ambassadors can expect to dedicate 3-5 hours per semester to the ambassador program, depending on the number of events that are requested / scheduled. Typically, the department is involved in 3-5 events in one semester. With over 15 ambassadors, students are utilized for events on a rotating basis.
- Be a computer science pre-major or major
- Be comfortable with public speaking and communicating (or willingness to develop these skills) directly with K-12 students, parents, teachers, and general community members.
- Be comfortable in leadership roles including leading small groups or discussions of 5 - 8 students.
- Current ambassadors need not reapply
- CS Ambassadors should plan to participate in 2 or more events per semester (3 - 5 hours), depending on the number of events that are requested / scheduled.
- CS Ambassadors will be added to the CS Ambassador Discord where events and requests will be announced and coordinated. Available students should respond to event requests as appropriate.
If you are interested in applying to the CS Ambassador program, please complete the CS Ambassador Application below.
Please contact Arthur Jordan (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.
**UPDATE: University of Arizona Computer Science Ambassador program accepts applications on a rotating basis**