Bachelor of Science students in Computer Science must complete two lab sciences from the following list. Selections may be from different subject areas (e.g., Chemistry I and Physics I).
- Chemistry I: CHEM 151, -or- CHEM 141 & [143 or 145], -or- CHEM 161 & 163 (Honors)
- Chemistry II: CHEM 152, -or- CHEM 142 & [144 or 146], -or- CHEM 162 & 164 (Honors)
- Solid State Chemistry: MSE 110 (recommended prerequisite CHEM 151)
- Physics I: PHYS 102 & 181, -or- PHYS 141, -or- PHYS 161H (Honors)
- Physics II: PHYS 103 & 182, -or- PHYS 142, -or- PHYS 241, -or- PHYS 162H (Honors), -or- PHYS 261H (Honors)
- Biology I: MCB 181R & 181L, -or- MCB 184
- Biology II: ECOL 182R & 182L
- Physiology I: PSIO 201
- Physiology II: PSIO 202
- Physical Geology: GEOS 251
- Historical Geology: GEOS 255
Please note: You must complete both the lecture and the lab portion for each of these requirements. For some courses (e.g., CHEM 151), the lecture and lab are contained in the same course. For other courses (e.g., PHYS 102 & 181), the lecture (PHYS 102) and lab (PHYS 181) are separate. You must complete BOTH of the components to satisfy the requirement.
Check the PDF version of your advisement report on UAccess to see how your registered Science courses are counting toward your degree requirements. Contact your CS advisor if you have questions.