Student Resources

There are many resources available to students during their academic journey at UA.  Please see below, and see also the menu links to the left, for more information.

Advisement Report

All current UA students should be familiar with their advisement report, which you can access from your UAccess Student Center (Advising > Advisement Report > View Report as PDF).

View this video:  How to Read your Advisement Report

We encourage you to check the PDF version of your advisement report at the beginning and end of each term, any time you change your schedule, and before attending advising meetings.

Course Related Resources

Please refer to the Dates and Deadlines page (maintained by the Registrar's Office) for pertinent information regarding class registration, GRO filing dates, drop deadlines, "W" deadlines, etc.  Though you may receive email reminders about dates and deadlines, it is ultimately your responsibility to keep track of them.

Use the Change of Schedule Form to add and drop classes.  Please refer to the Dates and Deadlines page on when this form is applicable during the semester.

If you will be taking a class outside the University of Arizona and hope to apply it to your degree here, you must have the course(s) approved (and preferably before you take the course(s)) using a Transfer Credit Preapproval Form. For courses taken at a community college in the state of Arizona, review the equivalencies at the Course Equivalency Guide (no need to submit a transfer credit approval form). For courses taken at a domestic institution outside the state of Arizona, check the Transfer Credit Guide. For Computer Science courses, submit your request.

Use the Individual Studies Proposal Form (or Independent Study Form) as a contract between the student and the faculty member. It is meant to help ensure all parties are aware of the expectations for independent study, internship, preceptorship, directed research, and thesis.

Grade Related Resources

The Grade Replacement Opportunity (GRO) allows students to replace a grade of C, D, or E by repeating the course.  GRO requests may be submitted through UAccess Student during GRO Filing Periods.  Please see Steps for filing GRO Requests.

An agreement between an instructor and student of terms for receiving an incomplete grade in a course. Use the Report of Incomplete Grade Form. See the General Catalog for the University's incomplete grade policy.

The Grade Appeal Process is open to those students who wish to appeal a grade in a course where they feel the grade was inappropriately given. If the student wishes to seek a higher grade in a course than was awarded, and cannot resolve the matter with her/his instructor, the student will need to follow the grade appeal process.

For most foundational courses (CSC 110, 120, 144, 210, 244, 245) a grade of "C" or higher is required as a prerequisite to the next course.  A "B" average is required in some of these courses for major admission (see the Undergraduate Program Curriculum Structure page for specifics).

Once you have been officially declared in the CS major, to pass each course requirement for upper-level CSC courses (CSC 252 and above), you must complete each course with a grade of "D" or higher.

In order to graduate with a degree in Computer Science, your overall major GPA must be at or above 2.0.

Financial Aid

For all matters related to scholarships and financial aid, students should contact the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid directly.

Videos/Webinars/Info Sessions

Please click here to access all of our content!