Advising for Course Planning and Registration:
Students should meet with advisors before their registration date. For details regarding appointment and drop-in times, please reveiw our CS Advising page.
Note: During Priority Registration Season , Drop-in Advising will be both virtual and in-person, Monday-Thursday 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm.
Please be aware that Priority Registration season (March 13 - April 14) is a very busy time for advisors, and the 15 min meeting maximum timeframe will be enforced for drop-in sessions. If you expect your questions to take longer than a quarter hour, please schedule an appointment.
Please see the list of CSC courses for information about our undergraduate course offerings. Please note that many of the courses on this list are not offered every semester. See the Schedule of Classes through your UAccess Student Center to see what is currently offered, and contact your CS advisor if you have questions. Complete the Syllabus Request Form to request recent course syllabi.
CS individual study courses (not shown on the above list) are also available, and include Independent Study (CSC 199, 299, 399, 499), Honors Independent Study (CSC 199H, 299H, 399H, 499H), Preceptorship (CSC 391), Directed Research (CSC 392, 492), Internship (CSC 493), and Honors Thesis (CSC 498H). Students may earn up to 18 total units of CS individual study courses. Individual study courses do not count towards CS major or CS minor requirements, but they can count as general elective credit toward your overall degree requirements.
Fall 2023 Registration
The Schedule of Classes for Fall 2023 is available online beginning in mid-March 2023.
Before you begin the registration process, view these helpful videos:
How to Read your Advisement Report
How to find your General Education Requirements
- Research your class options by accessing the appropriate website based on your CS status: Pre-Major, Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Arts, CS Minor
- Plan ahead: Add classes to your UAccess Shopping Cart, thereby making it faster to register when your enrollment appointment begins.
- Check enrollment eligibility: Once a class is added to your Shopping Cart, information appears showing whether you meet the enrollment requirements.
- Resolve any registration holds that restrict your registration in October - BEFORE your registration begins. (You can check to see if you have any registration holds at the home page of your UAccess Student Center).
- Be prepared: Have backup classes ready in case your first choice is unavailable.
Visit the Registrar's Office website for more information, including tutorials, on the enrollment process.
- Contact your academic advisor if you need assistance selecting courses for the upcoming term.
- Appointments during this time will be a maximum of 15-20 minutes each, for Summer and Fall 2023 scheduling ONLY. (For more time-intensive advising, including a graduation plan, meet with your advisor again after priority registration ends for first-year students.)
- If you have a minor or another major, we encourage you to meet with that advisor as well.
- Please note that we no longer offer waitlists for CSC courses.
- We strongly recommend you register for your Fall courses on the first day of your registration.
- To view information on the upcoming registration schedule, please use the Dates and Deadlines Calendar.
- Visit the Registrar's Office website for more information, including tutorials, on the enrollment process.
Summer 2023 Registration
The Schedule of Classes for Summer 2023 will be released at the same time as the Schedule of Classes for Fall 2023.
Registration for Summer 2023 courses will be in the second half of the Spring 2023 semester.
For Pre-Computer Science majors hoping to be admitted to the major
Students will be evaluated for major admission at the following times:
- The major admissions process will be finalized in mid-May to early July, after Spring 2023 grades are posted. You will be emailed more information then. See the Pre-Major website for specific major admissions requirements.
- If you are admitted to the CS major, you will be registered in June or July for TWO core courses for the Fall semester -- CSC 252, and either CSC 335 or CSC 345. (You will not be eligible to register for these courses during priority registration.)
- If you are interested in a third (non-core) CSC course in Spring 2023 that you are eligible for (based on prerequisites), you should try to register for that CSC course during priority registration as soon your registration becomes available. At this time you should also register for any other (gen ed/minor/elective) courses you plan to take in Spring 2023.
- If you do not expect to meet the major admissions requirements at the end of the term, please schedule an appointment (not drop-in) with your major advisor. Students who complete CSC pre major work during Summer will be evaluated for major admission again at the end of the Summer term.
If you are interested in taking a CSC Core course during Summer, you must meet major admission requirements after grades post for Spring.
The major admissions process will be finalized sometime after Spring grades are posted and before Summer CSC courses begin, . You will be emailed more information then. See the Pre-Major website for specific major admissions requirements.
For Computer Science minors
See the lower part of the CS Minor website for information about registration for CS minors.